Cranberry-Pecan Pear Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 5 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out half of the pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pears, cranberries, pecans, honey, butter, cornstarch, lemon peel and cinnamon; pour into crust. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Trim, seal and flute edges. Brush with milk; sprinkle with sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 518 calories, 29g fat (15g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Pear Pie
"This is my very first pie. I was worried at first because the dough was so sticky, so I poured some flour to help me. Based on the previous review, I omitted the lemon peel and add some simple syrup that I made for wetting cakes before frosting. I added some baking time to get the buttery, flaky crust. It turned so good! Thanks so much!"
"Filling is not good - far too much lemon peel and not very sweet. If I made it again I'd omit the lemon peel and add some sugar. Crust was yummy and workable though."