I needed a new holiday cookie, so I tweaked an old 4-H recipe. This updated oatmeal cookie with cranberries and nuts is my family’s all-time favorite. —Tammy Hoggatt, Omaha, Nebraska
Recommended: 14 Cookie Mix Recipes
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy; beat in egg and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until light golden brown, 12-15 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies in Simple & Delicious October/November 2016
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2016
"Adding this recipe to my "healthy" desserts list to try!"
Reviewed Oct. 9, 2016
"Very easy to make and just delicious. You don't get anywhere near 60 cookies though."