Cranberry Pecan Muffins Recipe
I often serve these colorful muffins when my United Methodist circle meets at my home. They are always a hit.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Fold in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 175 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC