Cranberry Pecan Muffins Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Fold in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
1 each: 230 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 52mg cholesterol, 175mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Muffins
"They are very moist and really easy to make.I used frozen cranberries and lots of pecans."
"Fluffy and delicious. I used the pecans as part of the topping rather than folding them into the batter, but otherwise folowed the recipe exactly."
"Yes, but I always switch out the cranberries and the pecans. I used sun dried cherries and walnuts instead. Delish! I tried this recipe with the cranberries and the pecans, but the cherries and walnut provide more flavor. The sweetness of the cherries just burst in your mouth!"