- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla. Fold in sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 16 muffins.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Muffins
Sort By :
"They are very moist and really easy to make.I used frozen cranberries and lots of pecans."
"Fluffy and delicious. I used the pecans as part of the topping rather than folding them into the batter, but otherwise folowed the recipe exactly."
"Yes, but I always switch out the cranberries and the pecans. I used sun dried cherries and walnuts instead. Delish! I tried this recipe with the cranberries and the pecans, but the cherries and walnut provide more flavor. The sweetness of the cherries just burst in your mouth!"