Cranberry-Pecan Corn Muffins Recipe
I found a low-fat recipe for corn muffins and added cranberries and pecans to make a wonderful new holiday dish. They have just the right flavor for this time of year. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:14 servings
- 1-3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, oil and honey. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and pecans.
- 2. Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
1 muffin equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC