Cranberry-Pecan Corn Muffins
I found a low-fat recipe for corn muffins and added cranberries and pecans to make a wonderful new holiday dish. They have just the right flavor for this time of year. —Lisa Varner, Charleston, South Carolina
14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-3/4 cups yellow cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) fat-free plain yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg, oil and honey. Stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries and
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray; fill three-fourths full with
- Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium,