- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Pour over cranberries.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake
"This was very good. As I was making it, I discovered my fresh cranberries weren't good so I used frozen blueberries. The cake is pretty dense but we all liked it a lot."
"I meant to say: lowfat yogurt, NOT lowfar!This recipe will be used by ME as far as I'm concerned! This is a wonderful recipe & the cakes are beautiful, too!"
"I made this recipe for the first time & the recipe came out really great! I did modify the recipe-I used 1-1/2 cup whole fresh cranberries, 1 Tbsp. ground Navel orange & use 1/2 white & 1/2 brown sugar! I used 1/2 tsp. each of baking soda and salt instead of 1/4 tsp. I also was able to get 2 cakes, using two 8-1/2" round layer pans. I just prepared 2 batches of the cranberry topping & used 1 recipe of the batter for 2 8" layer pans! I greased and floured the cake pans & I noticed that the cakes came out more easily from the pans! I also used a carton of light lowfar yogurt, flavored instead of sour cream! No one would really know the difference! this recipe will be used by my as much as possible, as far as I'm concerned! It's a wonderful recipe and the cake is beautiful, too!"
"Just have to mention that I live at 7,000 feet so I adjusted the recipe quite a bit. Came out perfect though! :)"