Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
With its nutty, tart topping, this cake will bring smiles as soon as you turn it out of the pan. —Anne Thompson, Grand Rapids, Michigan
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Pour over cranberries.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 530 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC