Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
With its nutty, tart topping, this cake will bring smiles as soon as you turn it out of the pan. —Anne Thompson, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until butter is melted. Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Sprinkle with cranberries and pecans.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in orange juice and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Pour over cranberries.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice equals 530 calories, 30 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 122 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry-Pecan Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC