Cranberry Pecan Bars Recipe
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice, divided
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup honey
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats and brown sugar. Stir in butter until blended. Set aside 2/3 cup. Pat remaining mixture onto the bottom of a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, 7 tablespoons cranberry juice, raisins, honey, sugar substitute, cinnamon and cloves. Cook and stir over medium heat for 10-12 minutes or until berries pop.
- 3. Combine the cornstarch and remaining cranberry juice until smooth; stir into berry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- 4. Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with pecans and reserved oat mixture. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 bar: 199 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 56mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry Pecan Bars
"These were great, but a tad bit too tart for us. I added some chopped white chocolate to the top - about 1/4 cup - after baking and let them melt slightly into the bars, and it added just enough sweetness to balance it all out. It also added a nice, festive, snowy look to them, just in time for my Christmas baked goods trays!"