I HAD an abundant pear crop last summer, so I was on the lookout for pear recipes. I ended up devising one of my own by substituting pears for apples in a chunky applesauce recipe.
I usually serve it at lunch instead of a rich dessert and also find it makes a refreshing side dish.
-Leila Ryan, McDonough, Georgia
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large ripe pears, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and cinnamon. Add pears; bring to
- a boil over medium heat. Stir in cranberries. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Serve
- warm or chilled. Yield: 2 servings.