Cranberry Pearl Onions Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) fresh pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter and oil over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in cranberry juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until onions are tender. Add cranberry sauce and lemon juice; cook and stir until mixture is thick and syrupy. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 195 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 235mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Pearl Onions
"I made this for Thanksgiving Dinner, and will be making it again for Christmas Dinner!!! This was delicious!!!"