Cranberry Pearl Onions Recipe
- 8 cups water
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) fresh pearl onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add onions; boil for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; peel.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook onions in butter and oil over medium heat until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in cranberry juice and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and cook until onions are tender. Add cranberry sauce and lemon juice; cook and stir until mixture is thick and syrupy. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 195 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 235 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pearl Onions
"I made this for Thanksgiving Dinner, and will be making it again for Christmas Dinner!!! This was delicious!!!"