Cranberry Pear Tart
Our home economists came up with this delightful pear tart accented with dried cranberries. While it’s lovely as is, it also would be good served warm with ice cream.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in.
- tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the
- bottom with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the pears, cranberries, apple juice
- concentrate and apple pie spice over medium heat until pears are
- tender. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until
- crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 163 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.