Cranberry-Pear Tart with Hazelnut Topping Recipe
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Roll pastry into a 13-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2. Combine the cranberries, pears, hazelnuts, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl; transfer to crust. Dot with butter.
- 3. Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Stir liqueur into whipped topping; serve with tart. Yield: 14 servings.
1 slice with 1/4 cup topping: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Cranberry-Pear Tart with Hazelnut Topping
"The great flavor combinations plus the crunchy walnuts makes for a very satisfying dessert. However, mine was very soupy so I will add 1 or 2 Tablespoons of flour next time. And there WILL BE a next time!"