Cranberry-Pear Tart with Hazelnut Topping Recipe
Treat your family to a fruity, nutty tart that starts with convenient store-bought pastry. Festive ruby-red cranberries, succulent pears and the added touch of crunchy hazelnuts make this dessert unforgettable. —Shelisa Terry, Henderson, Nevada
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. Roll pastry into a 13-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- 2. Combine the cranberries, pears, hazelnuts, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl; transfer to crust. Dot with butter.
- 3. Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Stir liqueur into whipped topping; serve with tart. Yield: 14 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC