Treat your family to a fruity, nutty tart that starts with convenient store-bought pastry. Festive ruby-red cranberries, succulent pears and the added touch of crunchy hazelnuts make this dessert unforgettable. —Shelisa Terry, Henderson, Nevada
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 3 medium ripe pears, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut liqueur
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Roll pastry into a 13-in. circle on a lightly floured surface. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- Combine the cranberries, pears, hazelnuts, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and vanilla in a large bowl; transfer to crust. Dot with butter.
- Place tart pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until filling is hot and bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on a wire rack.
- Stir liqueur into whipped topping; serve with tart. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Pear Tart with Hazelnut Topping in Simple & Delicious December/January 2013, p85
Reviews for Cranberry-Pear Tart with Hazelnut Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2013
"The great flavor combinations plus the crunchy walnuts makes for a very satisfying dessert. However, mine was very soupy so I will add 1 or 2 Tablespoons of flour next time. And there WILL BE a next time!"