Our home economists came up with this delightful pear tart accented with dried cranberries. While it’s lovely as is, it also would be good served warm with ice cream.
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 cups sliced peeled fresh pears (about 4 medium)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Press pastry onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges. Generously prick the bottom with a fork; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook the pears, cranberries, apple juice concentrate and apple pie spice over medium heat until pears are tender. Pour into crust. Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Tart in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p16
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Tart
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review