Cranberry Pear Spinach Salad Recipe
- 8 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 medium pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, cranberries and pears. In a blender, combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and paprika; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Add sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup equals 189 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.