Cranberry Pear Salad
MY HUSBAND and I celebrated our 48th wedding anniversary in August - which is also how long I've had this recipe.
I like to serve the salad on a bed of lettuce and sometimes garnish it with dates. This delicious salad is easy to prepare when time is short.
-Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pear halves
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- Toasted sliced almonds, optional
- Drain pears, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or
- refrigerate for another use). Place pears, cut side up, on a
- lettuce-line plate. Combine the cranberry sauce and reserved pear
- juice; spoon over pears. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 184 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, trace protein.