Cranberry Pear Pie Recipe
When our family is invited to holiday gatherings, this pie usually comes with us. The recipe is very versatile. You can make it with a double crust or replace the pears with baking apples. Serve it with ice cream or whipped topping. —Helen Toulantis, Wantagh, New York
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Set aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, syrup and butter until smooth. Add pears and cranberries; toss to coat. Spoon into crust.
- 2. For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over filling.
- 3. Cover edges of crust loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Remove foil; bake 35-40 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC