Cranberry Pear Crisp Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 large pears, peeled and sliced
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup old-fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup fat-free frozen vanilla yogurt
- In a large bowl, combine cranberries and pears. Combine the sugar substitute, sugar, 1 teaspoon flour and cinnamon; sprinkle over cranberry mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar and remaining flour. Cut in butter until crumbly; stir in walnuts. Sprinkle over cranberry mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until topping is golden brown and pears are tender. Serve warm with frozen yogurt. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Crisp
Sort By :
Delicious! Also great with blueberries
A great combination of fruits. I don't use artificial sweeteners because I don't think they are healthy but I do use a natural sweetener that looks and tastes like sugar, xylitol. Since it metabolizes in the body independent from insulin, it does not cause blood sugar to elevate therefore safe for diabetics. It is not calorie-free but has 40% less calories and sugar and is good for your teeth and bones. I just substituted xylitol for all the sugar and sweetener. It was great!
We love this dessert. I have made it twice and have frozen pears and cranberries to make it this winter,
Most definitely I will be making this again. Enjoyed by all in the family.
Mrs. Magoo, the recipe calls for sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar. So you could just use 1/2 cup sugar NOT in addition to the sugar substitute.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Crisp >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cranberry Crisp >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Crisp Topping >
- Crisps >
- Crisps & Cobblers >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >