Cranberry Pear Crisp Pie Recipe
- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. Place the pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and vanilla. Add cranberries. Combine the brown sugar and flour; sprinkle over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- 2. Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Add filling.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- 4. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 332 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 137mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Crisp Pie
"This recipe is super easy to make and was absolutely delicious. I made it with fresh pears from our pear tree and a homemade pie crust. It was a big hit with everyone in our family."