- 5 cups sliced peeled fresh pears
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2/3 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Place the pears in a large bowl; sprinkle with lemon juice and vanilla. Add cranberries. Combine the brown sugar and flour; sprinkle over fruit and gently toss to coat.
- Roll out pastry to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer pastry to pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond edge of plate; flute edges. Add filling.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pear Crisp Pie in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p47
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Crisp Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2009
"This recipe is super easy to make and was absolutely delicious. I made it with fresh pears from our pear tree and a homemade pie crust. It was a big hit with everyone in our family."