Cranberry Pear Compote Recipe
"While simmering apples in brown sugar and cinnamon, I decided to add a ripe pear and a few cranberries to the mix," says Linda James of Greenfield, Wisconsin. "The result was a thick, tangy-sweet sauce that's terrific over frozen yogurt."
- 1 medium pear, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until the berries pop and sauce thickens, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warmed or chilled. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 4 servings.
1/4 cup: 85 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Compote
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC