Cranberry Pear Cake Recipe
If you want a change-of-pace cake that's full of fall flavors, try this pairing of cranberries and pears. The nutty filling and glaze topping elevate it from a coffee cake to a special dessert.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups chopped peeled ripe pears
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pecans, cranberries and apple pie spice; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until combined. Fold in pears.
- 3. Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with half of the pecan mixture; top with remaining batter and pecan mixture.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 5. In a small bowl, whisk the glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 400 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 340 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry Pear Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC