I was looking for a good desert for Christmas. One that was different than pumpkin and apple pie. I still wanted it to have a holiday feel. This is a great holiday dessert because the colors and taste remind me of the season. —Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + cooling
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for
- 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Add the cornstarch, vinegar, vanilla and salt to egg whites; beat on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1
- tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form
- and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread into a 9-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in
- the center. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry.
- Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1