Cranberry Pavlova Recipe
I was looking for a good desert for Christmas. One that was different than pumpkin and apple pie. I still wanted it to have a holiday feel. This is a great holiday dessert because the colors and taste remind me of the season. —Veronica Gantley, Norfolk, Virginia
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1. Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2. Add the cornstarch, vinegar, vanilla and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Spread into a 9-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 250° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn off oven and do not open door; leave meringue in oven for 1 hour.
- 4. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, water and cornstarch. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 5. In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add remaining confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- 6. Spread whipped cream into center of meringue; top with cranberry sauce. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 254 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 58mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (38g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Cranberry Pavlova
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC