Cranberry Party Mix
“The combination of real maple syrup, hazelnuts and dried cranberries really makes this stand out from the crowd.” —Nicole Filizetti, Grand Marais, Michigan
13 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + cooling
- 2 cups Cinnamon Chex
- 2 cups Corn Chex
- 2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 cups hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereals and hazelnuts;
- set aside. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the syrup,
- butter, brown sugar, salt and nutmeg. Microwave, uncovered, on high
- for 1 minute; stir until blended. Pour over cereal mixture and toss
- to coat.
- Microwave on high for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring
- after each minute. Stir in cranberries. Spread onto waxed paper to
- cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2-1/2 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 348 calories, 20 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 5 g protein.