Cranberry Parfaits Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole cranberries for garnish, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange peel to a boil; cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted. Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture is the consistency of egg whites, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Place a bowl, with mixer beaters in freezer. Chill until very cold. Add milk and vanilla to bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into gelatin mixture. Spoon into parfait glasses. Chill 1-2 hours or until set. Garnish if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 174 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.
Reviews for Cranberry Parfaits
"This is the best if you like 'tangy' which I do. Try it, you'll want to make it often."