Cranberry sauce and raspberry gelatin give this fluffy pink parfait from our Test Kitchen a sweet-tart flavor. Pretty enough for holiday company, the dessert is light and refreshing.
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup reduced-calorie reduced-sugar cranberry juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free raspberry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) reduced-fat evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whole cranberries for garnish, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the cranberry sauce, cranberry juice and orange
- peel to a boil; cook and stir until cranberry sauce is melted. Stir
- in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate until mixture is the
- consistency of egg whites, stirring occasionally.
- Place a bowl, with mixer beaters in freezer. Chill until very cold.
- Add milk and vanilla to bowl; beat until soft peaks form. Fold into
- gelatin mixture. Spoon into parfait glasses. Chill 1-2 hours or
- until set. Garnish if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (1 cup) equals 174 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 86 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 reduced-fat milk.