Cranberry Pancakes Recipe
Add a touch of baking powder to the mix and take your morning meal to new heights. Flip these towering pancakes onto the plate and watch the family run to the table. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:3 servings
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, cranberry juice and brown sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries and set aside.
- 2. In a blender, process the remaining cranberry mixture until smooth. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and reserved cranberries; keep warm.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- 4. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and garnish servings with lemon peel strips if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
3 pancakes with 1/3 cup syrup equals 691 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 1,393 mg sodium, 124 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC