- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Lemon peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, cranberry juice and brown sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries and set aside.
- In a blender, process the remaining cranberry mixture until smooth. Stir in the honey, lemon juice and reserved cranberries; keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, brown sugar, baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk and lemon peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and garnish servings with lemon peel strips if desired. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry Pancakes in Simple & Delicious December/January 2012, p29
Reviews for Cranberry Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2014
"topped with maple syrup also as they were kind of tart. good though."