- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Grated peel of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat egg. Add orange juice, peel, butter and hot water. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until moistened. Gently fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 325° for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (16 servings).
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Walnut Bread
"Excellent! So quick and easy to whip up. I make one and get it in the oven and mix up a second one in the same bowl, only takes a couple of minutes. It freezes so well too. Janet. VFE"
"This bread is AMAZING!!! So easy to put together and so very, very delicious! Everybody in my family loved it! This will be made often in my household and I won't be changing a single thing about it!"
"I made this bread for my husband, while we were dating. He loved it so much that I made him another loaf, this time sharing it with his family as well. His mom, now my mother-in-law, enjoyed it so much that I shared the recipe with her."