- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 large egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted
- In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, heat chocolate and butter until melted, stirring frequently. Whisk a small amount of mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the heat, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the cranberries, orange juice concentrate and extract. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip truffles in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and drizzle with bittersweet chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Truffles
"This is a great recipe and tasty. I use a small cookie dough scoop to get perfect rounds each time when I make truffles. I also used red/green candy coating for the swirls to make it Christmas looing"
"I love cranberries - need I say more. Rich and delicious, definitely a keeper."
"I used almonds, coconut, and peanuts to coat the outsides instead of what the recipe called for and I also dipped the truffles in chocolate too.The batter was very hard to work with. Refrigerating it does make it hard so you can work with it, but once you roll in in between your hands, boy was that a huge disaster. If you like sweet stuff, this is the way too go. Way to sweet for my taste. I probably will not make this again, this is too labor intensive."
"Amazing! Made a number of variations, rolled them in almonds, chocolate candies, etc. Not as pretty as the picture but great recipe."
"I made this recipe and will add it to my candy recipes to make every year. I used cherry flavored craisins and my sons loved them."