Cranberry Orange Truffles Recipe
Homemade truffles are a delicacy my family looks forward to every holiday. We love the combination of tart cranberries and rich chocolate—and the orange and almond put this recipe over the top.—TerryAnn Moore, Vineland, NJ
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cubed
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 12 ounces white candy coating, chopped
- 1 ounce bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1. In a double boiler or metal bowl over simmering water, heat chocolate and butter until melted, stirring frequently. Whisk a small amount of mixture into egg yolks. Return all to the heat, whisking constantly. Cook and stir until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in the cranberries, orange juice concentrate and extract. Cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 3. In a microwave, melt candy coating. Dip truffles in coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets and drizzle with bittersweet chocolate. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 3 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC