Cranberry-Orange Tartlets Recipe
I like to mix up my offerings at appetizer parties by including some sweeter selections. With Mascarpone cheese and cranberries in puff pastry shells, these bite-sized beauties are always welcome.—Mary Licata, Pembroke Pines, Florida
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. Unfold puff pastry; roll each sheet into a 10-in. square. Cut each into 36 squares. Gently press squares into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, sugar, cranberries, egg and orange peel. Place about 1 teaspoon filling in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- 3. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- 4. For topping, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and 3 tablespoons water. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over tartlets. Yield: 6 dozen.
1 tartlet equals 63 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 26 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Tartlets
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC