I like to mix up my offerings at appetizer parties by including some sweeter selections. With Mascarpone cheese and cranberries in puff pastry shells, these bite-sized beauties are always welcome.—Mary Licata, Pembroke Pines, Florida
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 3 tablespoons plus 4-1/2 teaspoons water, divided
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Unfold puff pastry; roll each sheet into a 10-in. square. Cut each into 36 squares. Gently press squares into greased miniature muffin cups. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 1/2-in. indentation in the center of each.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, sugar, cranberries, egg and orange peel. Place about 1 teaspoon filling in each muffin cup. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on wire racks.
- For topping, in a small saucepan, combine cranberry sauce and 3 tablespoons water. Combine cornstarch and remaining water until smooth; gradually stir into cranberry mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Spoon over tartlets. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p16
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2013
"6 rows each way...6x6=36 squares"
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2013
"I am confused. How do you get 36 squares from a 10inch Square?"