Says Rita Goshaw of South Milwaukee, Wisconsin, "I always keep a supply of cranberries in the freezer to cook up this refreshing sauce year-round.
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Vanilla ice cream
- Additional orange peel, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring sugar and water to a boil; cook for 5 minutes. Add cranberries, orange juice and peel. Return to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer for 8-10 minutes or until berries pop. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm or chilled over ice cream. Garnish with orange peel if desired. The sauce can also be served over angel food or pound cake. Yield: 2 cups sauce.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Sundaes in Taste of Home August/September 1997, p67
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review