Cranberry-Orange Spinach Salad
This festive toss bursts with fresh flavor from mandarin oranges, spinach and cranberries. The homemade dressing is easy to stir together and gets a unique taste from nutmeg.Preci D'Silva, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cans (11 ounces each) mandarin oranges, undrained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- Drain oranges, reserving 2 tablespoons juice. In a small bowl, whisk
- the oil, vinegar, salt, nutmeg, pepper and reserved juice. In a
- serving bowl, combine the spinach, oranges and cranberries. Add
- dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 155 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.