This recipe contains so many great holiday flavors, including pecans, orange, and cranberry, without the post-holiday guilt! I also love the cream cheese icing that really takes this cake over the top. —Lisa Varner, El Paso, Texas
Recommended: Homemade Food Gift Packaging Ideas
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup white baking chips
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 13x9-in. baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar, melted butter, egg substitute, applesauce, 1 teaspoon orange peel and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Stir in cranberries and baking chips.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in remaining orange peel. Spread over cake. Sprinkle with pecans. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Snack Cake in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2014
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Snack Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review