Letting this sangria sit in the fridge overnight improves the fruitiness, making it the perfect do-ahead drink for a party. It's also nice with a splash of brandy. —Maria Regakis, Somerville, Massachusetts
- 1 medium orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 medium apple, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 bottle (32 ounces) cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (750 ml) Zinfandel or other fruity red wine
- 1 cup simple syrup
- 1/2 cup orange liqueur
- Ice cubes
- Additional thinly sliced oranges, apples and fresh cranberries, optional
- In a large pitcher, combine the first seven ingredients; refrigerate overnight. Serve over ice; garnish with oranges and cranberries if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Sangria in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Sangria
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review