A hint of cranberry and a splash of orange are wrapped in buttery cookie, then drizzled in chocolate. Can you say, "heaven?" A platter of these showstopping treats makes any event a celebration. —Ginger Sullivan, Cutler Bay, Florida
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (5 ounces each) dried cranberries
- 1-1/2 cups golden raisins
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 egg, beaten
- Melted chocolate, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and extracts. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place cranberries, raisins and juice in a food processor; cover and process until finely chopped. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough into a 12-in. circle; spread each with 1/2 cup cranberry mixture. Cut each circle into 12 wedges.
- Roll up wedges from wide end and place point side down 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets; brush with egg.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Rugelach in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p72
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Rugelach
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review