- Rub remaining cranberry mixture under turkey skin. Secure skin to
- underside of breast with toothpicks. Place herb sprigs and reserved
- orange rind in turkey cavity.
- Arrange onions in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Place turkey over onions. Roast 3 to 3-1/2 hours or until a
- thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°. (Cover loosely with
- foil if turkey browns too quickly.)
- Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before
- carving. Discard herb sprigs and orange rind. Place reserved sauce
- in a small saucepan; heat through. Serve with turkey. Yield: 28
- servings (3-1/2 cups sauce).
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked turkey with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 257 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer