Here, velvety custard and sweet-tart fruit make a delightful combination. Serve it as part of a Yuletide brunch, too.—Anne Ashdown, Salt Lake City, Utah
Recommended: 24 Christmas Puddings for the Holiday Season
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/3 cup plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 cups 2% milk, divided
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- In a small saucepan, combine cranberries, 1/3 cup sugar, orange juice and peel. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. Keep warm.
- In a large saucepan, combine 1-1/2 cups milk, rice and remaining sugar; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook until thick and creamy, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk together eggs and remaining milk. Stir into rice mixture. Cook and stir until mixture reaches 160°, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in extract. Serve warm with cranberry topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Rice Pudding in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p99
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Rice Pudding
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review