Fresh rosemary add an unique, but special flavor twist to homemade cranberry relish. It would be great along side most roasted meats or poultry.Nancy Mueller, Bloomington, Minnesota
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 2 tablespoons orange liqueur or orange juice
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and orange peel.
- Cook over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the oranges, liqueur and rosemary.
- Transfer to a small bowl. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 4 cups.
To Make Ahead: You can make this up to 1 week before serving. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup equals 60 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.