Cranberry-Orange Pound Cake Recipe
Meet the Cook: At the summer tourist resort in Ontario my husband and I operate, we prepare all the meals for our guests. So I'm always trying out new recipes. Some of my favorites are from my CW issues. We have two children, 22 and 18. -Sheree Swistun, Winnipeg, Manitoba
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2-3/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- VANILLA BUTTER SAUCE:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and orange peel. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 65-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and flour. Stir in cream and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Serve warm over cake. Yield: 16 servings (1-1/2 cups sauce).
1 serving (1 each) equals 543 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 155 mg cholesterol, 366 mg sodium, 67 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC