Cranberry-Orange Pork Chops
Have a great meal with this mouthwatering recipe from Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California. “My family loves the taste of these moist and spicy pork chops,” she says. “In a pinch, I've substituted diced drained peaches for the mandarin oranges with equally delicious results.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, brown
- chops in oil on both sides.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover
- and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 pork chop with about 2 tablespoons cranberry mixture equals 288 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.