Cranberry Orange Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries; set aside.
- In a blender, process cranberry mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in maple syrup and reserved cranberries. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, milk, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Pancakes(7)
Sort By :
My husband doesn't usually like pancakes, however, he found these to be a good balance between sweet and bitter. I have a pancake recipe of my own with butter or oil in them. I worried these would stick or have an odd texture. No need to worry! These cooked beautifully and had a nice airy texture.
These were some of the best pancakes we've ever had! My husband and I made these together. The syrup is really good, We could almost have doubled it! We used 2 TBLS of maple syrup and it was perfect! This one is a keeper.
YUMMY! Will make again for sure!
The syrup was fantastic, but the pancakes were really dry- should there be some butter or oil or applesauce something in the batter so they are not so dry???
These were amazing. Going to be our official Christmas breakfast.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Syrup Recipes >