Cranberry Orange Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- Orange peel strips, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring the cranberries, orange juice and sugar to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Cool slightly. With a slotted spoon, remove 1/4 cup cranberries; set aside.
- In a blender, process cranberry mixture until smooth. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in maple syrup and reserved cranberries. Keep warm.
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, sugar and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, milk, orange juice and peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until blended. Fold in chopped cranberries.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup. Garnish with orange peel strips if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes (1-1/4 cups syrup).
Reviews for Cranberry Orange Pancakes(9)
Sort By :
Wonderful recipe! Very tasty.
I just made these for dinner tonight. They are fantastic. The syrup makes them. I did make my pancakes from scratch, however. I don't like to use Bisquick. I added the 1/3 C. Orange juice and 1/2 C. chopped cranberries and orange peel and about 1/4 tsp Orange Extract to the batter. They were so very good. I would suggest if you are making a large batch, to double the syrup. My pancakes made 9 good sized ones and we used all the syrup. Will definitely make again.
My husband doesn't usually like pancakes, however, he found these to be a good balance between sweet and bitter. I have a pancake recipe of my own with butter or oil in them. I worried these would stick or have an odd texture. No need to worry! These cooked beautifully and had a nice airy texture.
These were some of the best pancakes we've ever had! My husband and I made these together. The syrup is really good, We could almost have doubled it! We used 2 TBLS of maple syrup and it was perfect! This one is a keeper.
YUMMY! Will make again for sure!
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cranberry Recipes >
- Fresh Cranberry Recipes >
- Pancakes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Syrup Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >