Cranberry/Orange Molded Salad Recipe
This colorful side dish will complement virtually any meal. The cinnamon and cloves combined with the cranberry sauce and orange sections give this salad an interesting, zesty taste. It's particularly nice at holidays, when its bright color adds a festive touch to your table!
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 cups diced orange sections
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce, cinnamon and cloves. Chill until partially set. Add the orange sections. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Unmold; serve on a lettuce-lined platter if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC