Cranberry/Orange Molded Salad Recipe
- 1 package (6 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground cloves
- 2 cups diced orange sections
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cranberry sauce, cinnamon and cloves. Chill until partially set. Add the orange sections. Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill until set, about 3 hours. Unmold; serve on a lettuce-lined platter if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 144 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry/Orange Molded Salad
"I have been making this for years. I substitute two (3-oz.) pkgs. cranberry Jell-o for the raspberry. If you mix the spices with the Jell-o powder before adding the boiling water, they will not "float" to the top. I also sub out a can of drained mandarin oranges for the orange segments - cleaner and neater."