- 2 cups crushed cinnamon graham crackers (about 14 whole crackers), divided
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 large navel orange
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons brandy or cranberry juice
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix 1-3/4 cups crushed crackers and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. Bake 7-8 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- For topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, and remaining crushed crackers and sugar; cut in cold butter until crumbly. Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Finely grate enough peel from orange to measure 1 tablespoon. Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of the orange; stand orange upright on a cutting board. Cut off peel and outer membrane, starting from the top. Holding orange over a bowl to catch juices, remove orange sections by cutting along the membrane. Squeeze membrane to reserve additional juice.
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, tapioca, baking soda, cinnamon and allspice. Add cranberries, brandy, grated peel and reserved juice; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bring cranberry mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly. Add orange sections; heat through. Pour into crust; sprinkle with topping. Bake 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Crumb Tart
Sort By :
"One of the best recipes I have ever made, easy and delicious"
"In step one be sure to preheat oven to 375º, then prebake the crust 7-8 minutes as instructed."
"This was very tasty and made a nice presentation however the directions left off the oven temperature for the pre-bake of the crust. Also the oranges should be cut into small pieces and not left as whole sections. I will make this again with this modification."