- crushed crackers and sugar; cut in cold butter until crumbly.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Finely grate enough peel from orange to measure 1 tablespoon. Cut a
- thin slice from the top and bottom of the orange; stand orange
- upright on a cutting board. Cut off peel and outer membrane,
- starting from the top. Holding orange over a bowl to catch juices,
- remove orange sections by cutting along the membrane. Squeeze
- membrane to reserve additional juice.
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar, tapioca, baking soda, cinnamon and
- allspice. Add cranberries, brandy, grated peel and reserved juice;
- toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Bring cranberry mixture to a full boil, stirring constantly. Add
- orange sections; heat through. Pour into crust; sprinkle with
- topping. Bake 10-15 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Cool
- on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 332 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.