Cranberry-Orange Cream Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional whipped cream
- 1. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and pecans into gelatin mixture. Spread into pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with additional whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece (calculated without additional whipped cream) equals 415 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.