Cranberry-Orange Cream Pie
Here's an easy dessert that can be chilling while making other meal preparations. The hint of orange adds a tasty touch.Marjorie Carey, Alamosa, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional whipped cream
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line
- unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at
- 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or
- until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and brown sugar to a boil.
- Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a
- large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped
- cream and pecans into gelatin mixture. Spread into pie crust. Cover
- and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with additional
- whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without additional whipped cream) equals 415 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 148 mg sodium,