Here's an easy dessert that can be chilling while making other meal preparations. The hint of orange adds a tasty touch.—Marjorie Carey, Alamosa, Colorado
Recommended: 47 Cranberry Desserts Worth Puckering Up For
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 cup whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange gelatin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional whipped cream
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Line unpricked pastry with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-7 minutes longer or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, bring cranberry sauce and brown sugar to a boil. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 45 minutes or until partially set.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream and pecans into gelatin mixture. Spread into pie crust. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Garnish with additional whipped cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Cream Pie in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2010, p68