- 4 small navel oranges
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (about 16 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Finely grate enough peel from oranges to measure 2 tablespoons. Cut a thin slice from the top and bottom of each orange; stand orange upright on a cutting board. With a knife, cut off peel and outer membrane from orange. Cut along the membrane of each segment to remove fruit.
- Place grated orange peel and sections in a large saucepan; add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 8-10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 5 cups.
Originally published as Cranberry-Orange Chutney in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p108
Reviews for Cranberry-Orange Chutney
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review