Cranberry/Orange Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (about 3 pounds), cut up
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups whole fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 1-1/4 cups orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Red food coloring, optional
- 1. Combine the flour and salt and place in a plastic bag. Shake chicken, a few pieces at a time, in flour mixture. Melt butter in a large skillet; brown chicken on all sides.
- 2. In a saucepan, combine remaining ingredients except food coloring; bring to a boil. Pour over chicken; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken to a warm platter.
- 3. Bring sauce to a boil and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened. Add a few drops red food coloring if desired. Serve with chicken. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 pieces: 622 calories, 22g fat (9g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (65g sugars, 2g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Cranberry/Orange Chicken
"This is a family favorite. They would eat it every week."